Wildlife Student Chapter
The Wildlife Society at Texas State University
The Wildlife Society Mission Statement:
The mission of The Wildlife Society is to enhance the ability of wildlife professionals to conserve diversity, sustain productivity and ensure responsible use of wildlife resources for the benefit of society.
This mission is implemented through five goals:
1. Advocate the use of sound biological, social, and economic information in making wildlife policy decisions.
2. Enhance the knowledge and technical capabilities of wildlife professionals.
3. Increase public awareness and appreciation of wildlife conservation and the wildlife profession.
4. Promote professional standards for wildlife research, education, and management.
5. Recognize the professional stewardship of wildlife.
|Advisor: Dr. Scott T. Walter|
- President: Amanda Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Joshua Robledo, email@example.com
- Secretary: Cezanne Lossing-Cann, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Annelisa Martinez, email@example.com
- Historian: Matthew Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media Chair: Courtney Velasquez, email@example.com
- Raptor Rehabilitation Committee Leader: Emily Stelling, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Outreach Committee Leader: Seth Ross, email@example.com
- Dermestid Beetle Colony Committee Leader: Kianna Burtle, firstname.lastname@example.org
(Contact any of the above students to get information on joining the organization.)
Meeting Times: No in-person meetings scheduled for Spring 2021
Virtual Zoom Meetings to be found under the society Canvas page. Please email any of the officers to be added to the society Canvas page. We meet biweekly on Wednesday's at 5:30 PM every semester. Many students form their school class schedule around our meetings since they do not change.
Please visit the Facebook page or the society Canvas page for more information regarding any current events or past events. Also available on Facebook is many past photos of the society's involvement with its members. Refer to the Canvas page for the most updated information. Please email any of the officers to be added to the society Canvas page.